Many people think about how to send money to India bank account from any country. But it’s pretty simple because various payment services transfer money. In addition, this can be done with a minimal commission for the sender. This article will look more at ways to transfer funds to India.
Not only in India but also in other countries of the world, there are special services for making international money transfers. Therefore, to send money to bank account in India, you need to decide on the payment option. And to make the right choice, you need to consider the following points:
- Transfer speed – if sending money to an Indian bank account needs to happen as quickly as possible, choose a payment system with the maximum transfer speed.
Money transfer exchange rate – each payment service has its exchange rate for the currency, so pay attention to this.
- Amount of commission when transferring to a bank account in India – services charge different percentages for bank transfers. If the transfer amount is significant, then the size of the commission will be of great importance.
- Ease of use – using the payment service should be as convenient as possible. For example, creating an account and then allowing and logging into your current account. Inconvenience in this aspect can create significant discomfort when using the selected service.
Considering the above factors, we will offer the best methods to send money to bank account in India, where sending funds will be the most acceptable.
Guide to payment methods for money transfers
How to send money to India bank account? There are many ways to transfer money to Indian bank account so choosing right away is challenging. To make it easier for you to choose, we have selected the most convenient and profitable options for transferring money to an account in an Indian bank.
Automated Clearing House (ACH)
If you need to transfer money online from the US, the best way to send money to Indian bank account is through ACH. Most of the P2P services included in this list operate by initiating an ACH transaction on behalf of the sender. If the size of the transfer fee is your priority, then this is the best choice.
There are two types of ASN: debit (free) and credit (paid). Such payments are convenient for small amounts (salary, monthly bills). Sending money is convenient but may take more than three days.
It is considered the cheapest option to send money to bank account in India. Other services offer international conversion ratios, while this service provides the real exchange rate. It indicates both translation conversion and purchasing opportunities. Wise is a cheap and convenient option to send money to bank in India. However, this method has several disadvantages. Transfers may be delayed, and the transfer may take several days. Accounts must also be verified. The main inconvenience is the need for more status for easy tracking by the recipient.
Money or rewards transfer is the most accessible method to send money to Indian bank account. Many banks provide such a transfer for a small commission. You must deposit an international money transfer money to Indian bank account to use this method. To cash a check, you must provide a document confirming your identity. The disadvantage may be that to transfer cash, you will need to go to a bank branch or Western Union, and it will take some time to transfer funds.
It is the best way to send money to Indian bank account. This money transfer service is stable and reliable. In addition, the commission for wire transfers is minimal. Transfers to the bank arrive on time: if without a commission, then within three days; if taking into account commissions (express transfer), then in no more than 4 hours. Compared to other services, using Remitly, you can send money to Indian bank account for no more than $30,000.
This transfer of money is classic, used for decades. It is the safest, fastest, and most reliable way to send money to bank in India. Of course, this system must be updated and associated with some inconveniences.
To use this option, you need to take some steps: visit a bank branch and provide all the necessary details of the recipient. Each bank has its terms for such transfers. But, if you want to send money to Indian bank account more quickly, you must pay commissions. Be careful in the process of providing data because, in case of an error, the money will be returned will not be returned to the sender.
The PayPal payment system supports this service and is one of the most convenient and fastest ways to send money to bank account in India. The main advantage of Xoom is sending funds from the network to offline. Hence, after completing the online transaction, the recipient can receive the remittance at a designated location in India. The recipient does not need a bank account or Internet connection to receive money.
We list the main advantages of this method of transferring money to a bank account in India:
- customer support is multilingual and works around the clock;
- fixed commissions for money transfers;
- transfers are carried out in just a few minutes.
But there are several disadvantages to transferring money to an Indian bank account:
- The account limits the transfer amount to 2999 US dollars per day;
- Each country from which a money transfer is made may charge a commission of up to 90 US dollars;
- In addition to restrictions on the number of transfers per day, there are restrictions on the number of transfers per month and once every two years;
- Financial service Xoom will round up to the nearest rupee to send money to a bank account in India. Hence, the commissions will be significantly higher.
Please note that transfer limits will depend on your account rating.
To transfer money to an Indian bank account, you can use the international financial transfer service MoneyGram. It is the best online option for same-day transfers, but will cost more. However, it is still a fairly popular service due to its availability, speed, and stability.
The main advantages of MoneyGram to send money to a bank account in India:
- translation speed is often no more than 10 minutes;
- the service covers more than 200 countries from all over the world;
- provides reliable protection against cyber fraudsters;
- small (or no) commissions if the money is transferred to a bank account;
- the working experience of this system is more than 80 years.
But sending money to an Indian bank account in this way also has its drawbacks:
- monthly transfers of no more than 10 thousand US dollars are allowed;
- small exchange rate margin;
- each country from which the transfer is made has its requirements for providing various documents.
Let’s look at how to send money to Indian bank account using Western Union. This transfer system is considered one of the most reliable and easy to use. Therefore, their branches are distributed in almost all countries of the world. It can transfer up to 50 thousand US dollars daily to the Indian State Bank, ICICI, HDFC, and other Indian banks.
Please note that the transfer may take up to 7 days (with debit or credit payment, it is faster, but with commissions). Because the amount of the commission charged depends on the transfer amount and the place of receipt, you should refrain from replenishing your bank account in India with small amounts using this method (unprofitable).
How to send money to India bank account? Using PayPal, you can send money to India bank account without using a credit card best or bank account. Advanced search ensures secure and accurate fund transfers, and each user has a unique link and QR code. This transfer service is very convenient, and there are no commissions for personal use. But a commission will be charged if you use this system for commercial purposes.
The system uses special encryption that ensures high reliability of financial transactions, so the transferred savings will reach the specified destination. You can send money to a bank account in India within three days (for free transfers). Fraud is practically excluded; the system will always tell you about errors. Please note that his account will be blocked until the user confirms the required data.
Thus, we figured out how to send money to Indian bank account using various financial services and systems. Each of the listed options has its advantages and disadvantages related to the amount of commissions, restrictions on the amount of transferred funds, the duration of the transfer, and so on. Depending on the user’s requirements, everyone will determine which method suits them best, prioritizing speed, security, amount of transferred funds, and commission percentage.
It is strongly recommended that before using one of the presented methods, you study all the conditions in detail so that some aspects of the translation are not an unpleasant surprise.